10 Reasons to Call your Senator about the Kagan Hearings
It’s time to let your voice be heard on the Kagan nomination!
1. Elena Kagan brings no judicial experience to the table.
2. The Supreme Court will likely hear arguments on the constitutionality of Obamacare in the next few years. Elena Kagan could be the deciding vote on Obamacare.
3. Elena Kagan is a political ideologue-she has worked for a string of liberal Democrats including: Bill Clinton, Janet Reno, Barack Obama and Eric Holder.
4. As Dean of Harvard’s Law School, Elena Kagan banned US military recruiters from the campus. She lost her battle when the Supreme Court unanimously upheld the law in 2006.
5. Elena Kagan’s stand on several social issues could demonstrate that she would impose personal views in her rulings instead of adhering to the law. We need justices who will strictly interpret the constitution.
6. Elena Kagan has praised Israeli activist Judge Aharon Barak as “her hero.” Judge Barak is considered to be one of the worst activist judges. In his book, The Judge in a Democracy, Barak writes, “a good judge is a judge who, within the bounds of legitimate possibilities, makes law that, more than other law he is authorized to make, best bridges the gap between law and society and best protects the constitution and its values. He also says that judges should go “beyond actually deciding the dispute.”
7. Elena Kagan is a Litigation Committee member of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP). The AAUP is censoring a long list of conservative schools.
8. Elena Kagan has a troubling record on the Second Amendment.
9. There are surprisingly few pieces of documentation representing Kagan’s beliefs and where she stands on the issues.
10. Elena Kagan has donated over $12,050 to Democratic campaigns over a span of 8 years.
Contact your Senator TODAY to tell them NO to another judicial activist justice Elena Kagan!